Process & production management
Industry 4.0 is based around the digital networking of machines, raw materials, products and people. Its aim is to permanently increase productivity and efficiency. In this context, RFID/NFC transponders are an essential component and crucial to implementing Smart Factories.
Benefits compared with conventional labelling:
- Longevity: tough and resilient for industrial use.
- Readability: no smearing, no fading, dirt doesn’t affect scanning.
- Intelligence: smart components ‘think’ for themselves and simplify production control.
- Memory: data can be stored directly and decentrally in the chip.
- Accuracy: giving components a unique identifier reduces process errors.